The Lima District tuberculosis Hospital opened in 1911. It was a 24 bed facility and was one of the first hospitals in the state to treat TB. In 1927 it was enlarged to accommodate the increase in TB patients. In 1957, it was remodeled to provide room to house 138 patients. At this time patients were requires three to five years hospitalization for treatment. The name was changed to Ottawa Valley Hospital in 1960. In 1970, the hospital lost it’s eligibility for state funding and was forced to close. The building has remained abandoned since, accept for possibly drug addicts and vandals.
Some interesting reports of paranormal activity had peaked our interest in this site. A fast moving shadowy apparition running down a long hall, a ghost of a young girl in white, an overwhelming feeling of sadness, an eerie feeling of being followed, loud bangs, and disembodied voices.
Pictures of Lima TB Hospital
It took quite a while to find the building in the dark, NOPSS only investigated about an hour inside the building and then we were escorted out by the police. The interesting thing is we were glad to see them come for us. Although we don't have much evidence this was truely one of the scariest places we have investigated.
To access EVPs click on audio file
We are not sure the following is paranormal but it was freightening. At 56 secs. you will hear the first of a series of loud banging noises.
NOPSS personal experiences: Female humming, footsteps, loud bang above us and then to the side of us.