Five Oaks Mansion 210 Fourth Street NE Massillon, Ohio 44646
Five Oaks was built by renowned architect, Charles F. Schweinfurth in 1892. It was built for J. Walter McClymonds and his family. This home is considered one to Mr. Schweinfurth’s most distinguished works. At the turn of the century, the street it is located on (previously Euclid Avenue) was internationally known as “The Showplace of America". In September of 1919, the house became the meeting place for the Massillon Women’s Club. The mission of the club was to support the war effort of WWI, such asrolling bandages, sewing, and knitting.landmark This spectacular landmark was entered in the National Register of Historic Places Department of the Interior in 1972. Paranormal claims include the appearance of apparitions, hearing a woman singing, the smell of a cigar, and a statue that seems to move.
NOPSS Team personal experiences: Feeling "spider webs" across face and arms, hair touched, touch on the neck and cold air on the neck, heart racing and dizziness.